the hungry duck Sydney restaurants

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fix St James, Modern Australian, Sydney CBD

Fix St James
Wine Bar & Restaurant

111 Elizabeth Street Sydney
9232 2767



I decided to have my birthday dinner at Fix St James because I've heard good reviews about the food. Although the service was spectacular, I found the food a bit disappointing.
But maybe that's just me. Ever since I started blogging I've had higher and higher expectations when I eat out. But sometimes I forget that eating out is about sharing the experience with friends, rather than just eating for the sake of eating. I mean as long as you enjoy the dinner- the food shouldn't matter too much right?

Salumi platter to start



I apologise for the bad photo quality.. I haven't figured out how to take good photos in low lighting with the epl-1.


Veal Schnitzel with cabbage salad



Angus Skirt Steak Tagliata

I ordered this and found it really delicious. The steak is quickly seared and sliced up and served with a bed of salad on top. Apparently its one of their most popular dishes.



Blue Eye with prosciutto and leeks


Pastas

I cant remember the exact names of these but the people who had this weren't really impressed. The pasta was drowning in oil :(






The food was okay but I would think twice about returning to this place.


Fix St. James on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. "Ever since I started Blogging I've had higher & higher expectations"...
    Standing ovation....could it be...yes i think it is...Oh....no...hang on....did she? BLOGGGGGGGERRRRRRRRR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

    ReplyDelete